Thursday, March 4, 2010

Pins and Pin Trading at Winter Olympics

So many pins, but why not also have versions as ear rings or charm bracelet charms? As is, some are available as zipper pulls or key rings. I'm using a zipper pull charm for my school art projects on my flash drive.

My first Olympic pin trade happened on day #3, while in line for photos of the Olympic Rings in Whistler Village. A little girl and her mom came up to me and politely asked me if I'd like to trade a pin. She was well-prepared. I asked her if she saw a pin she liked on my jacket (where I displayed my duplicate pins), and she said she liked the mascot characters. She was very efficient and business-like, moving to the next person in line and asking permission to trade.

Later that day, an employee for Canada Lines (railroad) traded me a pin for a Canada Lines pin. At a chocolate shop, I was given a pin for their shop. Each time we used VISA credit cards for a meal or gift purchase, we were given several VISA Olympic pins - each featured a mascot character.

No comments:

Post a Comment